Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Rarity from '83

~


Not too many of these ever existed, self-portraits by me. I been going through some old sketchbooks lately. Drawing pencils on 11x8.5" sketchpad, two days before I turned 31.
In Goobertown. If you're not from around here, you read it right. If you are from here, I lived in that little white house just before you hit the curve going toward J'boro, catty-cornered across the hiway from the namesake store and gas. And sign. The damn sign's not even left now.



Anyhow, here's a few more sketches I did while living there.
Left, a conte crayon drawing of the boots I was wearing to work at Riceland in J'boro. The last shift they served me, it was with duct tape holding the sole on one of 'em.
Right, out the kitchen window.


And lastly, yes we had dragons out there. It ain't called Goobertown because of peanuts, y'know.



~

No comments: