Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Conte Aggie 1980

~



8.5"x11" brown Conte crayon in sketchbook, done on location. This old storage building was across the street from the, I think it was a shoe factory, on Aggie Road in Jonesboro AR, 1980.

While I was working a young Asian fellow walking by stopped to watch, complimented my progress, and very carefully pointed with his thumb to the front just under the eave and said, "Needs more shadow here." Then he wished me luck and walked on. I, since he was right, put more shadow there.

~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. Wonder if he was an artist

A. Decker said...

Our conversation was brief and I don't really remember it, but the impression that remains is that he wasn't. He was a student from the Uni up the road, and I think he told me what he was studying but I can't remember what it was...