Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Saturday, December 30, 2017

An old...

~


...pencil in an 11x8.5" sketchbook. Late 80s.

I never much liked this one 'til today. I've been looking through some plein air magazines and you see finished works in all degree of refinement. So I look at this again today, I realize it has all the right values in the right places, it just lacks detail. Still reads like a drawing.

Does a pencil drawing done on location count as "plein air?"

~

2 comments:

ryk said...

Well you expanded my vocabulary today. Had to google plein air painting.

A. Decker said...

Hey ryk. Yeah, people like to throw out French words, makes 'em feel smart I guess. ;)
I always thought of such as "field studies," but plein air is a big movement these days.