Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Monday, October 3, 2016

Sidewalk World

~


16x20" oil on canvas, 1996. Done from a photo I took with my first SLR camera back in the 80's, of a section of sidewalk next to my Mom's house. (Now that I think of it, this scene is on the same side of the house as the previous post, same vacant lot in the background.)
I think I finished this in about three hours one afternoon.
It got Honorable Mention in a local art show one time, for being such an unexpected subject, something like that.
And if memory serves, I used Copal painting medium on this one.
I like how the grass growing up through the crack looks like a miniature tree line.

~

No comments: