Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Some fantasy, some reality...

~
 5 more in more or less chronological order from the mid 80's

This first one, one of my few acrylic pieces, 12x16" on canvas, was derived from my own black and white photo of the mausoleum at Linwood, with a little fantasy color thrown in for... feeling.


I think this is a 12x16 as well, oil on canvas panel. Limited palette study--burnt umber, pthalocyanine green and titanium white. only, from a photo I took down 8th ave.


From a black and white drawing by the French comics Master Jean Giraud, aka Moebius.


24x30" oil on canvas from my photo.


20x24" oil on canvas, from photos and sketches of a street corner in Jonesboro. Apparently I was too far up into somebody's yard while doing the sketches as they called the cops and had me run off. True story.

~

No comments: