Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Monday, August 15, 2016

80's Landscapes

~
 All local stuff. This first sketch was made back behind the old junior high, Thompson St. I think.



And here's the old Hunt St. woods, shortly before they cut it down and built houses.



I lived here one summer, out on 49 south...


...stepped out back, past the hay bale there, to make this little 11x14" oil, which I sold off the wall of a cafe on Main St. in Jonesboro. For 30 bucks. Lady said it matched her sofa.



Whew. I just almost went into a dead panic, looking for this next one to get the size, and I couldn't find it! Checked every stack 2 or 3 times looked over the walls - where I already knew it wasn't - 2 or 3 times, began to remind myself of that old "definition" of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results; finally looked where I was pretty sure it wouldn't be, in a box I used when I moved in here, there it was. I never really finished unpacking.
So, it's a 21x17" oil on canvas, en plein air I did out near Walcott, according to a note I made on the back, on July 7, 1982.



This is a studio piece made from taped together photos I took out by Oak Grove, also in '82. Oil on canvas, I think about 14x18". It won an award at the Greene County Fair the next year, and it's hanging on my Mom's living room wall.



~

No comments: