Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Thursday, May 14, 2015

T.B.T.: Stormy Funday, 20x16" oil on canvas panel, 1978-79

~


"Regardant par la fenêtre de salle de bains." According to Google Translate that's French for "Looking out the bathroom window," which is what this painting should be classified, instead of "en plein air," as it was based on sketches made from said window, then running back and forth from my work station, two or three rooms over, to the window again for reference while I worked on it. Then apparently it was touched up about a year later; I noted this on the back but don't remember what I did then.
This was back when I was shuttling back and forth between here and Fayetteville, AR, at least part of the time in that blue Mercury Comet you can see the top of in the lower left. Good car. Ugly, but good.
It was storming the day I composed this piece, and I felt the influence of El Greco in the effort. Everything looked so abnormal being buffeted about in the wind and swirling rain; that was a lot of fun.

~

No comments: